Saturday, October 16, 2010

Video from last night's game... eh, not really

It's been a hectic few days for me in Schenectady which is why I haven't had the time to personally preview or analyze this weekend's games, but the Jeff Weinstein and Ken Schott have kept us all up to date on their respective blogs (thanks guys!). On a side note, I worked the Albany Devils game last night and they won in a shootout for their first win in franchise history.

Even though I didn't see last night's game I do have some live footage from it... eh, not really. It's actually the end of Mystery Alaska, a hockey movie based in Alaska featuring Russell Crowe. For more on the movie click here. I thought I should at least post something during the weekend our team is in Alaska.

Mystery Alaska is one of my favorite hockey movies of all-time behind Mighty Ducks, Mighty Ducks 2, Mighty Ducks 3... eh, maybe not Mighty Ducks 3..., MVP, and MVP 2... eh, definitely not MVP 2, it's actually pretty brutal.

If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend you go see it... that is if you are "mature" enough.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT AHEAD

4 comments:

  1. How about Slap Shot? Still the greatest hockey movie ever made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slap Shot is great as well. A little before my time though. Mighty Ducks is what got me into hockey as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Slap Shot. But damn, I wore out the Mighty Ducks VHS like it was my job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and it's always awesome to see the Ranger$ get beat (even in a movie)

    ReplyDelete