Saturday, February 18, 2012

College Hockey Video of the Week: Like A Fox

On the last installment of our college hockey video of the week, we recapped a thrilling overtime winner from 1988 that saw Union beat a previously unbeatable RPI. Staying with the same genre, we fast forward to 2007...

We have to thank Union Superfan Will Friedman for jogging our memories. When news broke that Union had secured the #2 spot in the INCH power rankings, Will commented:

I still remember clearly the first time I saw Union as a team in the "others receiving votes" the USCHO Poll. I was sitting at one of the computers in Reamer right outside the bookstore and I nearly fell out of my chair (partially because of excitement, but partially because those chairs don't really have backs). Reaching the top 20 seemed impossible but we achieved that goal as well. To regular see this team ranked in the top 10 is nothing short of shocking. 
Just in the 5+ short years I have been rooting for this team, we have come a LONNNNG way. As I freshman, our lowly team beat #7 Clarkson and it was an unbelievable experience (see my excitement at 2:23). Now WE are that #7 team.

I had no interest in hockey until I came to Union. Now I'll be a Union Hockey Maniac for life. I'm all set to go to Atlantic City and I hope to travel all across the country to see Union's games in the national tournament. Still a long way to go though and a lot can change in these final two weeks. But regardless of that...
LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA!!!
T.J. Fox left Union after the 2006-2007 season when he signed with the San Jose Sharks. Fox had 37 points in his final season (his sophomore campaign) with 13 goals and 24 assists. Fox had a successful run in two seasons with the AHL Worcester Sharks.

In the 2009-2010 season, he played four games for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (AHL) while splitting his time with the ECHL Wheeling Nailers.

Fox is currently playing for the Texas Brahmas of the CHL and has notched 38 points in 47 games. You can check out his full stats here.





2 comments:

  1. I like that U on the ice so much better then the circle now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the Union rondelle, but the block U is an interesting look.

    ReplyDelete