Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dutchwomen add Stewart for 2015-2016

by Ryan Fay

Chicago Young Americans 19U forward Jordan Stewart has committed to the Dutchwomen for the 2015-2016 season.

Stewart
“I’m very excited about playing for Union and coach [Claudia] Barcomb,” Stewart said in a statement on the Young Americans website. "When she offered me the opportunity to play on her team, I didn’t hesitate. It's the perfect fit for me both academically and athletically. This never would have happened if I didn't get the support I get from my family. I can't thank my mom and dad enough for all they have sacrificed for me."

Stewart is in her second season with the Young Americans. She has six points (3 g, 3 a) and a team-high 30 penalty minutes in 16 games this season.

19U head coach John Cimba praised the 5-foot-5 Stewart for her physical presence.

"From the moment Jordan put on the red, white and blue, she has made her presence known by providing a steady physical presence," said Cimba. “The contributions Jordan has made over the last two seasons do not necessarily show up in the boxscore. She has been a plus player over these two years and has a knack for really shutting down the attacking forwards from the opposing teams, not to mention [being] a major factor on our penalty kill."

The Rockford, llinois native is the second Young Americans player to commit to the Dutchwomen for 2015-2016. Forward Jackie Mota, who plays for the Young Americans 16U team, committed last month.

The Dutchwomen also have Onalaska (WI) Hilltoppers forward Jacyn Reeves committed for 2015-2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment