Thursday, September 12, 2013

Forgaard lands in Las Vegas, joins Julseth-White

by Ryan Fay

Former Union defensemen Ryan Forgaard and Nolan Julseth-White, teammates from 2009-2012, will be reunited this season.

Forgaard signed with the ECHL's Las Vegas Wranglers on Thursday. Julseth-White has played with Las Vegas since the start of last season.

Forgaard (cred: Union)
"I am very excited to play with Nolan again," Forgaard said. "He was always a great teammate and a great guy. That did factor into my decision. He had great things to say about the organization and the people that surround you everyday along with the city of Las Vegas. I am extremely excited to get started and begin my professional career."

Forgaard was originally slated to start his professional career with Drakkars of the French Elite League. Forgaard and another former Union defenseman, Shawn Stuart, signed with Drakkars in June.

But the club announced on August 31 that Forgaard was moving on.

"I was in France for about a month and just felt that it was not the right fit for me and my hockey career," Forgaard said. "I spoke with my agent and asked to look for opportunities in North America and Las Vegas gave me an opportunity I couldn't turn down."

In 110 career games with Union, Forgaard collected nine assists.

Simpson to Providence Bruins camp

According to Mark Divver of the Providence Journal, the American Hockey League's Providence Bruins will invite ex-Union standout Wayne Simpson to training camp.

The Boxborough, Massachusetts native recently competed in Boston Bruins rookie camp, and spent time last summer in Bruins development camp.

Simpson, 23, scored 115 points (56 goals, 59 assists) in 153 career contests with Union.

Think you know the Dutchmen?

See if you can name the leading scorer in each of the past 10 seasons in this interactive quiz. You'll have 90 seconds to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment